Where Do I Start?
What you must do
You must protect the health and safety of your workers and of others who might be affected by your work activities. Health and safety is about sensible, proportionate actions that protect people - not unnecessary bureaucracy and paperwork.
The following 10-point list shows some of the key actions required by law that apply to nearly every business. Click on the links for more detailed practical advice on how to protect your workers and comply with the law:
- Take out Employers’ Liability Compulsory Insurance and display the certificate somewhere your employees can easily see and read it.
- Make sure you have a competent person to help you meet your health and safety duties. This does not have to be an external consultant.
- Decide how you are going to manage health and safety. This is your health and safety policy.
- Decide what could harm people and what precautions to take. This is your risk assessment.
- Provide basic welfare facilities, such as toilets, washing facilities and drinking water.
- Provide free health and safety training for your workers.
- Consult your workers on health and safety.
- Display the health and safety law poster or give workers a leaflet with the information.
- Report some work-related accidents, diseases and dangerous occurrences.
- Put in place first aid arrangements to deal with emergency situations.
For more information Contact Us